The Mid-Career Checkpoint (MCC) Funding
What is The Mid-Career Checkpoint?
The Mid-Career Checkpoint program is an Australian Government initiative created to increase workforce participation.
The scheme is designed to help eligible people who are seeking to return to paid employment, or who have recently returned to paid employment, after taking time out of the workforce to fulfil care responsibilities.
The program delivers a number of key benefits, including:
- an individually tailored skills and employment assessment
- personalised career advice
- coaching sessions
- up to $3,000 to support enrolment in accredited training, if an upskill or reskill is recommended
The Mid-Career Checkpoint program has
three entry points:
Stepping Back In
– Provides a skills and employment assessment service, plus advice on re-entry into the workforce, including suggestions for professional and skills development.
– is for an existing worker in a designated industry.
A designated industry is defined as a female-dominated, COVID-19 affected industry where women (in particular) are at risk of unemployment. Designated industries include accommodation and food services; education and training; arts and recreation services; retail; administrative services; residential care services; and childcare services.
– Supports carers who have recently returned to the paid workforce, with advice on advancing or changing careers.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
Have been out of the paid workforce for six months or more
Have been undertaking caring responsibilities
Be looking to return to work or to advance their career
Be an existing worker in a designated industry
Within this program, a carer could be defined as someone who has been the primary caregiver to their family. It also relates to people who took time out of the workforce to provide unpaid care and support to family members or friends who have a disability, mental illness, chronic condition, terminal illness, an alcohol or drug issue, or who are frail or aged.
To apply for the program, or for more information, please contact OPEC College in the first instance via [email protected] .