Shoreline Responder's Course
The OPEC Shoreline Response course aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to work and lead a team safely during a shoreline oil spill response operation. On completion of this competency, students will be able to:
Protect the Health and safety of staff, contractors and the public during an oil spill remediation activity.
- Minimise the risk of environmental damage.
- Conduct an Oil Spill Response Shoreline Operation in compliance with State and AMSA regulations and the National Plan.
- Document and communicate all information to the appropriate teams and agencies.
On completion of this course the student will be issued a Statement of Attainment for:
- PUAOIL303 Apply health, safety and risk controls when working on oiled shorelines
- PUAOIL405 Apply oiled shoreline assessment strategies in an oil spill response
- PUAOIL406 Lead a team in oiled shoreline cleanup.