Showing all 2 results
Basic Equipment Operator’s Course
The OPEC Basic Equipment Operator (BEO) course aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to work effectively in a team to safely deploy and monitor basic equipment for the containment, recovery and storage of oil during an oil spill response operation. On completion of this competency, students will be able to:
Follow processes and procedures for using basic oil spill response equipment.
Undertake a health and safety site review.
Prepare oil spill response equipment for use.
Operate and deploy equipment.
Check, clean and store oil spill response equipment.
On completion of this course the student will be issued a Statement of Attainment for “PUAOIL202 Use basic equipment operations for oil spill response”
Shoreline Responder’s Course
The OPEC Shoreline Response course aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to work and lead a team safely during a shoreline oil spill response operation. On completion of this competency, students will be able to:
Protect the Health and safety of staff, contractors and the public during an oil spill remediation activity.
- Minimise the risk of environmental damage.
- Conduct an Oil Spill Response Shoreline Operation in compliance with State and AMSA regulations and the National Plan.
- Document and communicate all information to the appropriate teams and agencies.
On completion of this course the student will be issued a Statement of Attainment for:
- PUAOIL303 Apply health, safety and risk controls when working on oiled shorelines
- PUAOIL405 Apply oiled shoreline assessment strategies in an oil spill response
- PUAOIL406 Lead a team in oiled shoreline cleanup.